Bill Ferriter decided ’tis the season for our digital communities to let each other see behind the “digital mask.” So the Homework Meme began. It’s been fun to learn about some of my favorite blogger’s hidden talents, past music obsessions (yeah, that’s you Stumpteacher), and personal lives. Having been tagged by Josh Stumpenhorst who is one of my favorite Twitter feed contributors, I happily jumped into the fray.
11 random facts about me many people may not know
- At my wedding, I walked down the aisle barefoot and under an archway of swords because my husband gave each of his groomsmen a rapier as their gift.
- I was born at Clark Air Force Base in the Philippines. Twenty-three years later, I returned to the country with my father to earn my SCUBA license.
- I have never broken a bone, been admitted to an ER, or had surgery other than wisdom teeth removal. **knock on wood**
- Between graduating from college and landing my job, I worked as a demolition (sub)contractor for my dad which included climbing into a cement crusher, and driving a front end loader. I actually really enjoyed the change up from classrooms and papers.
- I STILL know all the words to Hakuna Matata…and can perform each of the character’s voices. I used to know the entire soundtrack!
- I became an English major and subsequent English teacher because I got a 5 (at the time the highest score) on the AP English Literature test and in the void of life direction, I took it as a sign.
- In a black light, my front tooth will glow from a crown I had to get when, at 6 years old, my little sister broke my tooth in half with the edge of a door.
- I am a licensed cosmetologist.
- I get a weird itchy feeling if I clap too long. I have to take clap breaks and always hope those around me aren’t judging me for my lack of enthusiasm.
- I am extremely picky about the following items: coffee–freshly ground, french-pressed, water–Brita/bottled, apples–Honey Crisp, chocolate–dark, 60%+ cocoa, pens–Uniball Vision fine.
- What was your favorite children’s book as a child or favorite to read as a parent? favorite childhood book: Boxcar Children..the first one
- If you had won that insane lottery jackpot, what is the first thing you would buy? Anonymity
- Can you touch your tongue to your nose? No, but my husband can and I find it oddly adorable
- If I were to meet you up at a bar, what drink would I buy for you? Depends if I’m in a beer mood–in which case a Chocolate Peanut butter Stout–or a liqueur mood–in which case a Sapphire and Tonic.
- When was the last time you laughed so hard it hurt, and what was it that made that happen? I can’t remember why, but I’m almost sure it was with my sisters. My husband agrees that I have a special “mood” reserved for when I hang out with them that makes me extra goofy.
- What is that one movie that shows up on TV that even though you have seen it a hundred times you still leave it on and watch? You’ve Got Mail “Bouquet of freshly-sharpened pencils…”
- If you could sit down and interview one person, living or dead, who would it be? Barack Obama
- Paper or plastic? paper, we can use it for fire starter
- What is something you have always wanted to do but continue to procrastinate and make excuses as to why you have not done it yet? Toss up between becoming bilingual and performing a poetry in a slam.
- Have you been able to unlock the code and figure out what a fox says? The same as what the raccoon and the shark say
- If you could pack it all up today and move, where would you land? Northern California
11 Bloggers I’m Tagging
- Renee Moore
- Justin Minkle
- Samantha Martin
- Jill Thompson
- Paul Barnwell
- Joel Crowley
- Chris Lehmann
- Tom Murray
- Kristoffer Kohl
- Jose Vilson
- Ariel Sacks
My 11 Questions
- What was the proudest moment of your childhood?
- To get you through a task, what “carrot” do you use?
- When we autonomous cars hit the market, will you be an early adopter?
- Window seat or Aisle?
- If you couldn’t get hurt, what is one adventure you would try?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Favorite non-human companion?
- What song/album do you believe tells your story…or at least an important part of it?
- What’s your perfect beverage? Descriptive details are important.
- What one word, phrase, or mannerism would all your closest friends and family say is “so you?”
- If you were given a 4 year sabbatical to pursue an alternate career path what would you choose?
Here’s how it works:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.